2011-2019 Ford C-Max: How To Reset TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light – The Ford C-Max is a compact MPV designed by Ford for the European market and built since 2003. It is the MPV version of the Ford Focus.
In September 2009, Ford unveiled the next generation of the C-Max at the IAA in Frankfurt. The launch of two models is planned for the fall of 2010. In 2011, the Grand C-Max also was launched in the United States.
2011-2019 Ford C-Max: How To Reset TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light
Whenever tire pressure is adjusted, change a tire, or get it rotated you must carry out the TPMS reset procedure. Depending on the vehicle model you have, here are a few ways to reset the TPMS on Ford C-Max:
US Model (2013-2018)
Time needed: 7 minutes.
If your vehicle is a US model made in 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018, you can reset the TPMS by increasing or decreasing the tire pressure without a tool. Follow these instructions to get started:
- Drive your car for at least two minutes between 20 mph
Make sure you have driven your vehicle for 2 minutes
- Park your vehicle in a safe location
Stop the vehicle and turn off the engine
- Turn ON the ignition without starting the engine
If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the START/STOP button once without touching the brake pedal
- Turn the hazard flashers ON then OFF 3 times within 10 seconds
If you successfully enter the reset mode, the horn will sound indicating the TPMS matching process has started
- Activate the TPMS sensor
Start from the driver side front tire, remove the valve cap, and then increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure until a horn chirp sounds
- Repeat the process for the passenger side front tire, passenger side rear tire, and the driver side rear tire
A chirp horn will confirm that the sensor has been reset
- Turn off the ignition after you reset the last tire
The TIRE LEARNING message will disappear
- Adjust the tire pressure in all four tires recommended on the tire placard
European Model (2011-2019)
Follow the instructions below if your vehicle is a European model made in 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019:
- Stop the vehicle and turn off the engine
- Adjust the cold tire pressure in all four tires recommended on the tire placard
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position without starting the engine
- Go to the SETTINGS menu by using the ▲▼ navigation button
- Press the ► button to enter a submenu
- Select DRIVER ASSIST
- Scroll down and select DEFLATION DETECTION or TYRE MONITOR
- Press and hold the OK button to execute the tire pressure reset
These instructions are based on the Ford C-Max owner’s manual. This procedure should apply to the second generation of Ford C-Max (2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 model years). Hopefully, the article 2011-2019 Ford C-Max: How To Reset TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light can solve your problem. Good Luck!