Nissan Rogue: How To Open Gas Cap/Fuel Door (2008-2022)
Last Updated on June 8, 2022 by Nick
Hi Guys! Did you rent a Nissan Rogue and drive away from the car from the rental place, and after driving over 200 miles, you pulled over to a gas station and went cause you could not locate the gas cap or open the fuel door?
So where the heck is it? Here’s a quick guide for you so you can continue your trip. This will work on other Nissan models as well. So let’s go and do that together.
Table of Contents
Opening The Gas Cap On Nissan Rogue (2008-2020)
Time needed: 1 minute.
Well, this is for the old Nissan Rogue (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020). You may be at the gas station and can’t open your gas cap, so you read my post. So in this section, I’m going to show you how to do it quickly.
- Find the release lever
Alright, I’m sitting in behind the driver’s side part of the vehicle right behind the wheel and I am going to look down. I’m gonna go down right here you have two switches. One is for the hood and the other is for the gas cap. So what you want to do is just pull the one that’s has a gas pump on it
- Pull the gas door release lever
Pull it and you’ll hear it pop and now just go right back around to the gas tank and you can see it’s open
- Open the gas cap
To remove the gas cap, turn it counterclockwise and put the cap in the holder on the fuel filler door while you are refueling
- Close the fuel door
After fueling, turn the cap clockwise until a single click is heard indicating that it is locked in place, and then close the fuel filler door
2021-2022 Nissan Rogue Fuel Door Release
Well, my friend, there is really no fuel gas door release lever that you will find for the new Nissan Rogue (2021, 2022). So this will go through what you need to do.
- First, make sure your car is unlocked
- Then just go to the rear of the car’s passenger side where the gas door is located. You simply press the gas door and it will open up
- There is no gas cap to twist or turn. It is a capless fuel or gas filler. So you just push the capless fuel filler with the gas hose nozzle to fill up the gasoline
- After you fill up gas and pull out the nozzle, the capless fuel filler will close itself
- Now close the fuel door and it will lock
How To Clear Loose Fuel Cap Warning Light
The loose fuel cap warning message may display if the gasoline filler cap is not properly tightened. In such a case, do the following actions:
- Re-insert the gasoline filler cap into the fuel filler tube once you’ve exited the car
- After that, spin the gasoline filler cap clockwise one more time until you hear a single click
- Then push the ❐ button on the steering wheel for more than one second to clear the warning message
The malfunction indicator light may appear if the gasoline filler cap is not correctly tightened after the loose fuel cap warning message is shown. Consult your dealer if the indicator light does not go out after you’ve followed the proper steps.
Gas Tank Size & Recommended Gasoline
The Nissan Rogue is equipped with 14.5 gallons fuel tank capacity and has a 30 combined MPG. There is no need for premium gas in this model; thus, standard unleaded gasoline with a suggested octane value of 87 is perfectly safe to use in it.
Although the Nissan Rogue’s engine can run on a variety of fuels, it is important to use the same kind of gasoline each time to ensure a long engine life.
So that’s going to be it for today. Always consult your owner’s handbook before opening your gas tank and any other relevant instructions or warnings that come with it. Thanks for stopping by, and see you next time.