Last Updated on October 25, 2020 by Nick
2014-2017 Chevrolet SS Tire Pressure System TPMS Light Reset Guide – This car has been on sale since 2013 for the 2014 model year as a Chevrolet SS on the US market. For the 2016 model year, the car underwent a restyling, typical to the Australian model.
The SS has the bodywork of the Australian Commodore SS and is equipped with the 415 hp 6.2 LS3 V8 engine already used by the Corvette. The SS is Chevrolet’s first rear-wheel-drive car since the fourth series of Caprice and the derivative Impala SS, produced from 1990 to 1996.
2014-2017 Chevrolet SS Tire Pressure System TPMS Light Reset Guide
Time needed: 7 minutes
In the 2014 2015 2016 2017 Chevy SS, you can reset the TPMS via the menu in the information display using the control button located on the turn signal lever. However, you need the TPMS Relearn Tool to do this. Follow these instructions to get started:
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position without starting the engine
If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the Engine Start/Stop button without touching the brake pedal
- Press the MENU button repeatedly until you see the VEHICLE INFORMATION tab menu on the display
The button is located on the turn signal lever
- Scroll down to the “TIRE PRESSURE” menu
Use the thumbwheel to scroll down
- Press and hold the SET/CLR button to enter the relearn mode
The horn will sound twice and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will appear on the screen
- Start from the driver side front tire, use the TPMS Relearn tool to activate the tpms sensor
Place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor
- Repeat the process for the passenger side front tire, passenger side rear tire, and the driver side rear tire
A horn chirp will confirm that the sensor has been reset
- Turn off the ignition after you reset the last tire
The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will disappear
- Adjust the tire pressure in all four tires recommended on the tire placard
These instructions are based on the Chevy SS owner’s manual. This procedure should apply to the first generation of the Chevy SS (2014 2015 2016 2017 model years). Hopefully, the article 2014-2017 Chevrolet SS Tire Pressure System TPMS Light Reset Guide can solve your problem. Good Luck!