Last Updated on June 20, 2022 by Nick
Dreamweaver is a software intended to make a website. The first version was released in 1997, and since then Dreamweaver, became a web editor that is widely used by web developers. It was partly because of ease of use, its completeness and its support of the latest technology. Dreamweaver is one of the software developed by Macromedia Inc.. And now officially become the property of Adobe Systems.
The latest version of this program is Adobe Dreamweaver CS6, which was released on 21 April 2012. The computer software has advantages in ease of use. Making a website can be done visually, so the results could be seen. Interface is presented in a visual mode without any HTML code or in HTML mode. Web technologies are also supported very diverse and current, including for the development of mobile applications.
Image source: techworld.com
Adobe Dreamweaver widely applied and used by computer users in the field of web designers and programmers. Adobe Dreamweaver is a commercial software. Adobe Dreamweaver can be run on the operating system Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7 To install the latest version of this program, your Windows computer must have a minimum specification uses an Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64, memory (RAM) 512 MB, resolution of monitor 280×800 pixels, and a hard disk with at least 1 GB of free space.
Delete existing preference file:
- Quit Dreamweaver.
- In the Finder, navigate to /Users/Your User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe.
- Rename the Dreamweaver folder to, for example: Old Dreamweaver CS6.
- Navigate to /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences.
- Rename the Adobe Dreamweaver Prefs file to, for example: Old Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Prefs.
(Windows 7 or Vista)
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe.
- Rename the Dreamweaver CS6 folder to, for example: Old Dreamweaver CS6.
- Choose Start, type “regedit” in the Start Search, and then press Enter.
- Select the Dreamweaver key, then select File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog, enter a filename and location, and then click Save.
- Ensure the Dreamweaver CS6 key is still selected, and then select Edit > Delete.
- When a Confirm Key Delete dialog appears, click Yes.
Warning! This procedures will put all of them back to factory default, so you may need to readjust some things after you do this. After you delete preferences, new preferences are automatically rebuilt for Dreamweaver. Read also “How to reset all settings in Adobe After Effects CS?” and another guide. Hopefully the article of How to Restore Dreamweaver CS to Default Settings? useful for you.
Reference: Adobe help