How To Reset TPMS Tire Pressure Light on Cadillac XTS (2013-2019) – The Cadillac XTS is a luxurious passenger car manufactured between 2012 to 2019 by the US car brand Cadillac from the General Motors group. This car serves as the successor of the two large models STS and DTS.
The vehicle was built together with the Chevrolet Impala at GM’s Oshawa plant in Canada. Still, production there was discontinued at the end of 2018 due to the restructuring at GM. Shanghai GM has built it for the Chinese market since 2013.
How To Reset TPMS Tire Pressure Light on Cadillac XTS (2013-2019)
Time needed: 7 minutes.
If you replacing a spare tire with a road tire containing the TPMS sensor on your Cadillac XTS, the system will detect a malfunction and the low tire pressure warning light will blink. When that happens, the TPMS sensor reset process must be done. You’ll need TPMS Relearn Tool to reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System on this model. Follow these steps to do it:
- Turn the car in Service Mode
Press and holds the ENGINE START/STOP button for 5 seconds without touching the brake pedal
- Use the ► navigation button to move to the right screen
The button is located on the steering wheel
- Scroll down to the TIRE PRESSURE menu
Use the ▲▼ navigation button to scroll the menu
- Press and hold the SEL button
The horn will sound twice and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will appear on the screen
- Start from the driver side front tire, use the TPMS Relearn tool to reset the tpms sensor
Place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor
- Repeat the process for the passenger side front tire, passenger side rear tire, and the driver side rear tire
A chirp horn will confirm that the sensor has been reset
- Turn off the ignition after you reset the last tire
The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will disappear
- Adjust the tire pressure in all four tires recommended on the tire placard
These instructions are based on the Cadillac XTS owner’s manual. This procedure should apply to the first generation of the Cadillac XTS (2016 2017 2018 2019 model years). Hopefully, the article How To Reset TPMS Tire Pressure Light on Cadillac XTS (2013-2019) can solve your problem. Good Luck!