How To Reset Tire Pressure System TPMS Light on Lexus IS (2006-2020) – The Lexus IS is a series of compact luxury cars sold by Lexus since 1998. The IS was introduced as a compact sports sedan, just below the Lexus GS in the scale of the Lexus models (and in North America just below the Lexus ES, which is not sold in Europe).
The IS 250 and the IS 350 was marketed in America in 2006. In 2007 the high-performance model, the IS F, was launched (V8 petrol engine). In 2008 the hard-top convertible model, the IS 250C, debuted. According to Lexus, IS refers to ‘Intelligent Sport.’
How To Reset Tire Pressure System TPMS Light on Lexus IS (2006-2020)
Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) or also known as TPWS on Lexus cars is a system that provides a real tire pressure report to the driver. If the TPMS warning light appears on your 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Lexus IS, it is necessary to reset the TPMS. Depending on the vehicle model you have, here are a few ways to reset the TPMS.
IS F / IS250 / IS350 (2006-2013)
Time needed: 7 minutes.
In this generation, your vehicle equipped with a satellite switch to change the settings of various features. Follow these steps to reset the TPMS:
- Stop the vehicle and turn off the engine
Tire pressure reset process cannot be done while the vehicle is moving.
- Adjust the cold tire pressure in all four tires recommended on the tire placard
The tire placard located on the door panel
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position without starting the engine
If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the POWER button twice without touching the brake pedal
- Go to the TIRE PRESSURE INITIALIZATION menu by using the ◄ ► button
The button is located on the instrument panel
- Press the ON/OFF button until the tire pressure indicator Blinks slowly three times.
This will record the tire inflation pressure
- Wait for several minutes with the engine switch in the “ON” position, to allow the system to record each tire’s pressure, then turn the engine off.
IS200T / IS250 / IS300 / IS350 (2014-2020)
- Make sure you have adjusted the tire pressure recommended on the tire placard
- Turn ON the ignition without starting the engine
- Find the TPMS Reset button and then press the button until the TPMS indicator blinks 3 times
These instructions are based on the Lexus IS owner’s manual. This procedure should apply to the second and third generation of the Lexus IS (2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 model years). Hopefully, the article How To Reset Tire Pressure System TPMS Light on Lexus IS (2006-2020) can solve your problem. Good Luck!