How To Reset Saturn Outlook Change Engine Oil Life Light (2008-2010) – Saturn Corporation is an American car company, founded in 1985. The company is part of General Motors. The industrial hub in Detroit, USA. The company was founded by General Motors to meet the challenges due to the success of Japanese companies in the US. Due to the financial crisis in the US in 2008, GM’s sales fell and they had to ask for bailouts from the US government through Chapter 11.
And in the end GM made the decision to stop the Saturn brand started in 2010 along with the Hummer brand. Before Saturn stopped, this brand has spawned some cool cars and one of them is the Saturn Outlook. This is a crossover SUV that debuted at the New York International Auto Show, and is based on GM’s Lambda platform. The production of this car starts from 2006 and lasted until 2010.
How To Reset Saturn Outlook Change Engine Oil Life Light (2008-2010)
Time needed: 7 minutes.
When the remaining oil life is low, the Change Engine Oil Soon message will appear on the display. The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. Follow the instructions below to reset the engine oil life system on your Saturn Outlook:
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position
Don’t start the engine!
- Press the VEHICLE INFORMATION button repeatedly until you see Remaining Oil Life on the display
The button is located on the center console
- Press the ✓ button for several seconds
Press and hold the ✓ button until the Oil Life display changes to 100 percent
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset
If your vehicle does not have Driver Information Center (DIC) buttons:
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine
- Press the Trip odometer button (located on the cluster) repeatedly until OIL LIFE REMAINING displays.
- Press and hold the Trip odometer button until OIL LIFE REMAINING shows 100%.
These instructions are based on the Saturn owner’s manual. This procedure should be work on the first generation of Saturn Outlook (2008 2009 2010 model years). Hopefully the article of How To Reset Saturn Outlook Change Engine Oil Life Light (2008-2010) useful for you. Good Luck!