How To Reset Honda HR-V Oil Life Light Maintenance Minder (2016-2020) – Be excellent sales of Honda, Honda HR-V shortly immediately rewarded the title of ‘Car of the Year’ Award Automotive version not long ago. Honda HR-V not only outperformed all segments of the model in the SUV segment but also as many as 30 categories for the four wheels of various classes being tested. Besides Honda HR-V, 4 other Honda models also received an award as the best car in the respective category.
In addition to reaching the highest title, Honda HRV also received three awards for other categories, namely ‘Best Small SUV’ for Honda HR-V 1.5L, ‘Best Mid SUV Gasoline’ to Honda HR-V 1.8L and ‘Best of the Best SUV ‘for the Honda HR-V 1.8L. This award even more special because Honda HR-V is still a relative newcomer, but has shown a wide range of achievements in the automotive market.
How To Reset Honda HR-V Oil Life Light Maintenance Minder (2016-2020)
Time needed: 7 minutes.
If your vehicle has maintenance items due within 30 days, the Maintenance Due message will appear on the display. The service interval must be reset after performed the maintenance service on your vehicle. Follow the instructions below to reset the Maintenance Due warning light on your Honda HR-V:
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position without starting the engine
If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the POWER button twice without touching the brake pedal
- Press the ▲or▼ INFO button repeatedly until Remaining Oil Life appears on the display
The button is located on the steering wheel
- Press and hold the RESET button to enter the Maintenance reset mode
Press the RESET button for about 10 seconds
- Scroll down and select RESET
Press the RESET button to confirm reset
There are 2 methods to reset the oil life/maintenance reminder on your Honda HRV. Please follow the following instructions according to your vehicle type.
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” (II) without starting the engine, If your vehicle has a Smart key button, press the “Start” button twice without touching the brake pedal.
- Press the TRIP knob repeatedly until it displays the “oil life percentage”
- Then, press and hold the knob until the oil life percentage begins to blink
- Finally, depress the knob again until the oil life percentage resets to 100%
These instructions are based on the Honda owner’s manual. This procedure should apply to the second generation of the Honda HRV (2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 model years). Hopefully, the article How To Reset Honda HR-V Oil Life Light Maintenance Minder (2016-2020) useful for you. Good Luck!