How To Reset Ford Transit TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light (2015-2021) – The Ford Transit is the delivery van of the European division of the American car brand Ford. The car was first made in 1965 and 40 years later, 5 million copies had been made.
The first generations of the Transit were marketed in Western Europe and Australia. At the end of the twentieth century, Transit was sold almost worldwide, except North America. Transit entered the North American market in 2013 to phase out the E-series.
How To Reset Ford Transit TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light (2015-2021)
Whenever tire pressure is adjusted, change a tire, or get it rotated you must carry out the TPMS reset procedure. Depending on the vehicle model year you have, here are a few ways to reset the TPMS on Ford Transit:
Time needed: 7 minutes.
If you have a 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Ford Transit, you can reset the TPMS by increasing or decreasing the tire pressure without a tool. Follow these instructions to get started:
- Drive your car for at least two minutes between 20 mph
Make sure you have driven your vehicle for 2 minutes
- Park your vehicle in a safe location
Stop the vehicle and turn off the engine
- Turn ON the ignition without starting the engine
If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the START/STOP button once without touching the brake pedal
- Turn the hazard flashers ON then OFF 3 times within 10 seconds
If you successfully enter the reset mode, the horn will sound indicating the TPMS matching process has started
- Activate the TPMS sensor
Start from the driver side front tire, remove the valve cap, and then increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure until a horn chirp sounds
- Repeat the process for the passenger side front tire, passenger side rear tire, and the driver side rear tire
A chirp horn will confirm that the sensor has been reset
- Turn off the ignition after you reset the last tire
The TIRE LEARNING message will disappear
- Adjust the tire pressure in all four tires recommended on the tire placard
For the 2020 2021 model year, you can reset the TPMS through the cluster display. Follow these steps to do it:
- Stop the vehicle and turn off the engine
- Adjust the cold tire pressure in all four tires recommended on the tire placard
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position without starting the engine
- Go to the SETTINGS menu by using the ▲▼ navigation button
- Press the menu button to display the submenu
- Scroll down and select INFORMATION or DRIVER ASSIST
- Select TIRE MONITOR
- Press and hold the OK button until a confirmation message appear on the screen
These instructions are based on the Ford Transit owner’s manual. This procedure should apply to the fourth generation of Ford Transit (2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 model years). Hopefully, the article How To Reset Ford Transit TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor Light (2015-2021) can solve your problem. Good Luck!