2016-2017 Honda Accord Oil Life Light Maintenance Service Minder Reset – The Honda Accord is a mid-range car from the Japanese car manufacturer Honda. In contrast to the previous models, the ninth generation is no longer available in Europe. The combination version was also dropped with the model change.
After launching a new fuel cell vehicle in 2016, the company plans to start a new plug-in hybrid and electric cars. The shorter Acura TLX and Honda Spirior are based on the Accord ninth generation.
2016-2017 Honda Accord Oil Life Light Maintenance Service Minder Reset
Time needed: 7 minutes.
If the engine oil life is less than 15%, the spanner light will appear on the display. The maintenance interval must be reset after performed the maintenance service on your vehicle. Follow the instructions below to reset the Maintenance minder warning light on your 2016 2017 Honda Accord:
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position without starting the engine
If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the POWER button twice without touching the brake pedal
- Press the Select/Reset knob repeatedly until the “Remaining Oil Life” appears on the display
The button is located on the instrument cluster
- Press and hold the knob until the oil life percentage begins to blink
This will bring you to reset mode
- Finally, depress the knob again until the oil life percentage resets to 100%
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” (II) without starting the engine
- Press the ▲▼i button repeatedly until VEHICLE SETTINGS menu appears on the display
- Press the SEL/RESET button to select the menu
- Go to MAINTENANCE RESET menu by using ▲▼i button
- Press the SEL/RESET button to select
- When oil life reset mode appears, select RESET to execute the oil life reset
These instructions are based on the Honda owner’s manual. This procedure should apply to the ninth generation of the Honda Accord (2016 2017 model years). Hopefully, the article 2016-2017 Honda Accord Oil Life Light Maintenance Service Minder Reset can solve your problem. Good Luck!