As well as making the industry-standard V-Drum kits, Roland have long been a leading light in percussion controllers. The SPD-SX goes beyond other sampling percussion pads by making sampling external audio easier than ever. The new model has inherited many of the great features of its predecessor, but now boasts infinitely more sample memory, USB sockets, larger graphics display (with a raft of on-screen wave editing features), improved sound routing, more responsive pads, intuitive menus, innovative sampling and a host of significant system enhancements and design refinements.
According to several user reviews, they have praised a Roland SPD-SX for the Very easy to use; Intuitive sampling; Impressive tempo features. Also, some users have complained it for a few preset kits; Wave Manager software needs more functionality; Only operates at 16-bit/44.1kHz.
Image source: rolandus.com
To return the SPD-SX to its factory-set state, first you should to download the factory settings file in Roland website. The factory settings file can be obtained by click HERE. When you’ve downloaded the factory settings file, please open/extract the downloaded “spdsx_fact_data.zip” file on your computer to get the factory settings file in the “spdsx_fact_data” folder.
Follow these steps below to start restoring all the factory default settings:
- Connect the USB memory to the USB connector of your computer.
- Copy the extracted “Roland” folder in the above to the root folder of the USB memory.
- Disconnect the USB memory from your computer
- Connect your USB flash drive to the SPD-SX’s USB MEMORY connector.
- Select MENU > UTILITY > LOAD (USB MEMORY)
- Select “ALL“, by using the cursor (∧∨) buttons and then press the ENTER button.
- Select “Factory_V101,” and then press the ENTER button.
- Press the ENTER button again to start the Factory Reset operation.
Warning! When you execute “Factory Reset”, the data in the SPD-SX will be overwritten. So be sure to back up any information you wish to keep. Hopefully the article of “Restoring All the Factory Default Settings in Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad” can help you.
Reference: Roland SPD-SX manual